Friday, July 11, 2008

Eagles


When I saw my first oprey on the Idaho vacation I thought it was an eagle. Then, when close enough to see its white breast, I knew I was mistaken. On a later information board we saw pictures of osprey and knew that is what we were seeing. So, when I got these two high up looking over Round Lake, I assumed they were osprey. I didn't realize until I got home and downloaded the pictures that these two were eagles.
~~~~~~~~~~

These scriptures from Exodus including a section about eagles' wings are so beautiful to me, full of promise:


Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said, "This is what you are to say to the house of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, AND HOW I CARRIED YOU ON EAGLES' WINGS AND BROUGHT YOU TO MYSELF. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' "
~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, not one of us can keep the covenant perfectly. With Christ's sacrifice, the new covenant is not about works, but faith and believing Who He is. We can never be good enough or do enough good works to ensure heaven...our 'forever' is a gift of grace.

No comments: