Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Where can I flee?







Round Lake, north of Coeur d'Alene, was one of my favorite places in Idaho. It was small enough for us to hike around it, and was a haven for a wide range of birds. There were only a few other people there, and the lake was breathtaking. I got pictures of this blue heron, eagles, and a seagull there.

The heron was standing proudly on the pier when we arrived. Then I got him a couple of times in flight as he headed to the far right side of the lake. Then I got him again with wings puffed up as he landed on the water lilies. Later, when we finished our two-mile nature hike around the lake, he was standing out on the lily pads again. I didn't lose sight of him for most of the time I was there. Most of the time, but not every second. But God never loses sight of even one of us. There is no place too high, too low, or too far across the sea that God is not there.
~~~~~~~~~

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from our presence?
If I go up to the heavens,
you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths,
you are there.
If I rise on the wings
of the dawn,
if I settle on
the far side of the sea,
even there your hand
will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
Psalm 139:7-10

No comments: