Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reflection on Reflection







Here are a few reflections of mountains in lakes of Idaho. It is interesting to me that the reflection on the water is often clearer than the mountain through the atmosphere. The water reflects the true nature of the mountain, not seen as clearly through all the distortions of light and atmospheric conditions of the world's air.

I ask in the morning and thank God at night for opportunities to reflect Him. Believe me, I miss many chances. The effort is not about trying to be good or work at getting better; it is about obedience, and listening to what the Father would have me do or say. But every once in awhile I know that a simple touch or a smile shared with a store employee or a stranger in the parking lot has hit its mark. You can tell that somewhere out of you came something of the Spirit that ministered to the person who thought no one saw their pain, fear, loneliness, anxiety, and poverty. I want to be like Jesus, and reflect the Father. He was a perfect reflection. I drink the cup of confidence stirred with great humility that the Holy Spirit is transforming my image to look like Christ. No brag...just boasting in the Lord that I know He is changing my reflection. He reveals bits of his plans and purposes and gives us the power and desire to walk them out.
~~~~~~~~~~~

They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. So Jesus said,

"When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be, and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him.

John 8:27

No comments: