Monday, November 3, 2008

Depths of Love









In all my autumn trips I had never seen these particular aspen trees turned yellow. I got to see their golden reflection on Evergreen Lake. As well, I never got to see the grove of aspen trees down the lane,that stands in front of the view of Mt. Evans in its full autumn dress. This year, with my trip a few weeks later than normal, I got to experience some familiar favorite places in some new delightful ways. In a way, I felt like God was showering me with new depths of love. I don't believe HIS love changes towards me...he is (as William Young says quite often in 'The Shack') always 'especially fond' of each one of us.

Our capacity to believe how wide and deep and personal his love is for us deepens as we mature. Sometimes we are so filled with love for a spouse, child, friend, or even stranger that we get a partial preview of the depths and heights of total communion with the Lord that will be ours in heaven.
~~~~~~~

While looking through some great old hymns I found this verse that really spoke truth to me:

I Am Thine, O Lord
Fanny Jane Crosby

There are depths of love
that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy
that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are the kind of landscapes that take my breath away! Near, or through your lens.