Monday, November 24, 2008

The earth quaked...





Jerome, Arizona has gone through a transition since its founding in 1876 as a mining town into a cool tourist attraction. It has lots of artists and restaurants, as well as jewelry and clothing shops. But the thing that caught my attention more than anything was this wrought iron fence. It spoke to me of ancient truths. If you will look closely at the third picture, you will see a crack in the wall extending down from the cross. It gave me shivers.

When Jesus cried and gave up his Spirit on the cross, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth quaked and the rocks split. Something big happened. I know from the New Covenant many things:

If the Son has set you free, you will be free indeed.

Jesus has set before me an open door, and no man can shut it...

The Holy Spirit lives in me, and the inward woman is renewed day by day. (Proof tonight!!!)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised.

Each one should use whatever gift he/she has received to serve others.

~~~

The Holy Spirit has ministered to me this evening after a tough couple of days. He has told me, and to remind you as well not believe lies that you are not good enough, that you are too old or two young or the wrong gender or (fill in the blank!) to go forth and accomplish anything in Christ Jesus that He had planned.
He has said he will pour out his Spirit on all people. Sons and daughters will prophesy, old men will dream dreams, young men will see visions. Even servants, both men and women, He will pour out his Spirit in those days. He will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth.
~~~~~~

Jesus is my liberty...the quaked earth was filled up with it. The veil was torn and it flooded out.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Galations 5:1

4 comments:

Chris C said...

Oh Connie!! This is SO TRUE!! Thanks for sharing.

karen said...

Open the gate, Lord. Let them be free to speak Your Truth.

karen said...

1 Timothy 3:1
(correctly translated)
This is a faithful saying: If anyone (tis) aspires to be a Guardian, they are desiring a fine work.
If God has closed a gate for you, it is because He doesn't want you to go down that dark path. Satan is loving the oppression and post-Fall conditions of churches today. They will not grow. The Truth shall set you free, it will not keep you down.
Bless you, my sister, for your faithfulness to Him even through rejection. Jesus knew something about that. ;-)Continue to be who you are in the Lord.

Connie said...

if guys are brethren,
does that make us sistren??
(c;
lumi, c