Monday, November 3, 2008

Lift up your voice...





Every autumn when I am in Colorado I listen for the bugling of the bull elk. It almost sounds like a high-pitched scream. I have been privileged to actually have seen bulls throw their heads back and let the call loose to beckon the cows.

These photos were taken from the car right inside of Estes Park. Lots of people had gotten out of their cars to get a closer look. I remember a woman with her small child on her shoulders, walking a dog only a few yards from a rutting bull. I was praying for her safety. The immense size and power of these fellows, not to mention raging hormones, is something to behold and respect.

~~~~~~~

a verse from

All Creatures of Our God and King
Francis of Assisi
Translated by William Draper

All creatures of our God and King,
Lift up your voice and with us sing
Alleluia! Alleluia!

No comments: