Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Morning Song






I get so excited every time I get to see an egret or heron around water. This gorgeous fellow was across the road from our hotel in Fountain Hills, Arizona. At the dawn of the new day he was out fishing and taking graceful flight as he lifted and spread his wings to glide across the surface of the lake. His profile in the morning shadows made me hold me breath to not frighten him away. But he was quite happy to stay close as he busied himself with breakfast. I heard the variety of birds at sunrise sing their individual songs and spread their wings at the beginning of the new day.

I pray that those weeping tonight, sowing in tears, will reap with songs of joy, spread their wings, with the knowledge that the Lord is their strength and song.

He is my God, and I will praise him. He sings over me. He gives me songs in the night, and joy comes in the morning.

No comments: