Monday, March 16, 2009

Anticipation






These peach blossoms in Frannie's backyard were such stunners! I was so happy to see them survive the latest cold snap. The succulent taste of the peach is in the back of my mind as I photograph the beautiful color of these blossoms. A bad peach, dry and flavorless, is such a disappointment. But the first bite into a sweet, juicy peach is one of the delights of this life.

I still remember tasting a peach from Colorado on a corner where a vendor was giving away half a peach to anyone who walked by. He knew that one taste was all it took to sell a whole lug. We bought before the juice was dry on our faces. I canned the ones we did not eat fresh, and we enjoyed peach cobbler all winter.

A hot spicy cobbler topped with real vanilla ice cream has got to be my favorite fruit dessert. It is one of those dishes that makes you salivate just thinking about it. Aren't you glad God made peaches?

Yes, a good peach; anticipation!

~~~~~

Taste and see that the Lord is good!

2 comments:

Sherrinda Ketchersid said...

I love peach cobbler with a dollop of ice cream on top!

I also love spring with the vivid bright green of the new leaves and the bright color of flowers springing forth!

Connie said...

We must eat this together sometime when the peaches are ripe!