Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow








When I turned the corner I couldn't believe the wisteria draping the walk at the Botanic Gardens today. As I began looking closely, I could see the progress from an empty vine to a fully covered arch. The stages each were magnificent and full of hope for the next stage.

I couldn't help but think it is much like our lives. My daughter comments with some sadness how fast her children are growing and changing. I could remember when she was a baby that I would put her down to bed and the following morning she looked different to me.

How do we miss things? How do we cherish the moments? How did I get to be a baby, young girl, wife, mother, mother-in-law, and grandmother in such a short time? It seems that time flies. We will wither as the flowers do; here today and gone tomorrow. The key for me is to try to be fully present with God each day and be grateful for the stages of life. Jump into life and swim deep! Breathe, rejoice, bloom! Take notice, for you will not pass this way again.

~~~~~~~

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever.
Isaiah 40:8

No comments: