Friday, March 6, 2009

Late Bloomers





I found these in Idaho in late June last year. Some roads were just becoming passable from snowfall, but this alpine area was full of bluebonnets and other lupines. In Texas we could expect to see them in late March or early April, and I have noticed Indian Paintbrush even at the end of February a few times.

I think my husband and I are of the 'late bloomer' category. My husband has totally reinvented himself in the last few years. He was overweight, and facing some medications. He made decisions to get healthy and avoid starting to take pills for some manifesting conditions. With diet and exercise he now is in running and biking competitions.

My desire to be able to travel, hike, and ski has gotten me on a similar road to weight loss and good health. I thank God for the strength to have the discipline to be renewed by Him.

It takes some of us until later in life to unfold our petals into blooms.
Wait on the Lord! The best may be yet to come!


~~

They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength...
Isaiah 40:31 KJV

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Isaiah 40:29 NIV

No comments: