Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit




I have been loading up on fresh fruits and vegetables, trying to get healthier ways to satisfy my sweet tooth than processed or canned vegetables and fruit. I realized from the previous post that I had been repeating the 'fruit of the Spirit' to myself, and also meditating on the importance of being still. So what better way to capture that than a 'still life' of fruit?
~~~~~

...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Gal. 5:22 NIV

~~
As just a point of trivia, when I was reading about the individual health properties of fruits I came by these interesting properties of grapefruit.


Stephen Blauer, in The Juicing Book, says that pregnant women often crave grapefruit. This is probably because the bioflavoniids and vitamin C in them give strength to capillary walls that are taxed by the fluid retention and swelling that are common during pregnancy. So now you know!
btw, I highly recommend this book! I got it at Barnes and Noble.

No comments: