Thursday, April 29, 2010

Country Girl





The older I get the more I find myself being drawn to quiet country roads. The pavement, rushing, and crowds of the big city are adrenalin to some who are stimulated by being with lots of people. I am an introvert in how I get energized (being by myself or with just a few people), and a drive in the country is a peace pill to me. I feel love spilling over me as I am able to let my spirit be quieted. I am drawn from the freeways to the paths where grass ridges mark the center of the roads. A drive in the country helps me to remember to keep things simple, get enough rest and quiet time, and trust that the Lord will continue to be my strength when I must drive back to the city.

~~~~~

In returning and rest you shall be saved;
in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.
Isaiah 30:15

No comments: