Friday, April 9, 2010

Walk into the fields...






I just read some of my favorite scripture in THE MESSAGE translation. Instead of the 'consider the lilies' in most translations, this translation uses 'wildflowers!' What a gift! It made the message I was trying to send out today even more intimate and personal to me.

From Luke 12:

Walk into the fields and look at the wildflowers. They don't fuss with their appearance~~but have you ever seen color and design quite like it? The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never even seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with GETTING so you can respond to God's GIVING.

~~~~

As two friends and I traveled some country roads this morning we were wondering if many of the passers-by were even aware of the beautiful wildflowers scattered along the roadsides. Nothing like walking into the fields of wildflowers to get me joyful and amazed at the artistry, attention, and love of the Father!

No comments: