Friday, April 23, 2010

A steadfast mind...



I posted this picture of myself on another venue and a friend reposted with my eyes BLUE. She may have to post again with my eyes PINK due to the fact that I woke up with pink eye today! lol! I have had it a couple of times in the past year also and not at all before that since I was two years old.

I went into action to cancel appointments and headed towards my daughter's house to get some eye drops. I turned the corner onto the main road only to stop in traffic. It took me 40 minutes to get a couple of blocks, and an hour to reach my daughter's house. Then the trip home. It became obvious as drivers were reaching a fever pitch of frustration being late for work that I had to be vigilant to not get into another accident. People were being very pushy trying to change lanes and force entries or block intersections from cross traffic.I had to be willing to give up my slowly deteriorating attitude and not take on theirs.

I know that for me developing a peaceful state of mind comes through praying and praising and other ways of being in relationship with God. I have been under some physical and emotional stress also, and know that allowing myself to rest and relax will be for my best good and restore my creative energy to be of service to others. Praying and praising reconnects my trust and belief that God is aware and working out a path for all of us. The perspective gained from practicing the presence of God restores my smile, love, and enthusiasm for life.

~~~~

You will keep in perfect peace him
whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in you.
Ps. 26:3

Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws,
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.
Ps. 26:8

No comments: