Friday, August 22, 2008

First and Last Love




This formation my uncle calls "The Kissing Rock." He doesn't know if it is officially named as such; only that it looks like a kiss is being given. I thought so as well, and it was one of my favorites in the Superstition Mountains.

It brought to mind the empty place inside of me that can only be satisfied by seeking God's face. He is my Maker, and loved me into being. He loved me before I knew him. He gave life, and will hold me in his arms again as I leave this body. He is my first and last love.

Truly, how can we love another without first knowing a flicker of his love? After all, his two great commandments that cover all others are to love him and love one another. His banner over us is love and he delights in our seeking his face and listening for his voice.
~~~~~~~~~~

My dove in the clefts of the rock,
in the hiding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
and your face is lovely.
Song of Songs 2:14
~~~~~~~~

Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
be merciful to me and answer me.
My heart says of you,
"Seek his face!"
Your face, LORD, I will seek.

No comments: