Saturday, August 23, 2008

An unveiled face




Well, I am back in Idaho in my mind's eye looking at the reflections of awesome majesty. I am humbled and impressed with the words of
2 Corinthians 3:18 that tell us we are constantly being transfigured into
HIS VERY OWN IMAGE in our INCREASING SPLENDOR and from
ONE DEGREE OF GLORY TO ANOTHER.

How do those words make you feel? Even increasing one degree of glory to look more like Christ just simply thrills me. That transfiguring is increasing splendor in us. Give you an idea of how God feels about us? Next time you see a reflection as in a mirror, remember to thank God that he is changing us to look like him. Look back at my first sentence...WE are reflections of awesome majesty. God says so in His word.

The kind of facelift I want? The glory of the Lord shining on an unveiled face.

~~~~~~~~~

And all of us, as with an unveiled face, continued to behold as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into His very own image in our increasing splendor and from one degree of glory to another.
2 Cor. 3:18

No comments: