Sunday, August 24, 2008

Moments of Knowing






I have been so blessed to be able to travel to many beautiful places. At times I have had a sort of immersion experience that is hard to explain. I would find myself in a place of 'knowing' that seemed almost out of this world as I photographed such beauty in front of me. It is as if God had overpowered my 'GO' button and drenched me with a loving command:

"BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."

In each one of these places in Idaho, I could not move for a few minutes as I tried to take in the beauty in front of me. I thank Him for getting me to stop DOING so He can shower me with a moment of KNOWING. He opens my eyes to wonder, majesty, and splendor in a way that lets me know the Author of all I see. This communion with my Creator is a time when all my thoughts fade and I steal away into His love.

No comments: