Monday, August 18, 2008

Run the Race




As I am watching the Olympics, I have racing on my mind. Scripture often refers to each man's life as a 'race.'

This swinging bridge in Idaho looked quite treacherous as it crossed swirling water, with very small ropes to hold along the way. It was on private property, but not sure I would have tried to cross it anyway. The only possible way to get to the other side would be to focus on going one step at a time, looking to Jesus. Surely any other choice would have had me sinking into the stormy sea.

Sometimes our bridge over troubled water seems too small, to fragile, too long, too hard, too boring, too scary, too narrow, too (you fill in your own blank.) BUT GOD is the tiny wire at each side. Let us run with perseverance the race set before us (Ps. 12:1) being assured that he goes behind us and before us, hemming us in along the way.

No comments: