Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hidden Treasure






A friend sent me a link to read stories about the Superstition Mountains. It seems there are legends and accounts galore concerning hidden gold and lost treasure. There are reports of hidden tunnels and caves, strange sightings, and many lost and presumed dead after going out to find gold and never returning. I found myself, looking over these vistas in the Superstition Mountains, being drawn to go off and wander through them to take pictures and see what I could find. But I must admit the prudent common sense of knowing I might find a rattlesnake kept me pretty close to the road and away from the underbrush.
~~~~~~~~~~

Christ himself spoke of heaven as being a hidden treasure. It is worth more than any fortune of silver or gold, or earthly possessions.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
Matthew 13:44

No comments: