Thursday, August 21, 2008

God Shines Forth






I had the house to myself tonight and decided to try out one of my recipes from the Cast Iron Skillet cooking class I took a few weeks ago. I got everything put together and in the oven, then went to check e-mail. The computer screen is in front of the west sky and I became aware of the wonderful sunset beginning to form.

I grabbed the camera and ran down to some open space to get a look. The clouds were in wonderful, puffy layers and changing faster than my granddaughter does outfits! At times the sky looked like it was on fire. I was having so much fun looking at the quick changes in color and shape, when I remembered I had a cake in the oven and nobody home to take it out.

Well, sometimes you can have your sunset and your cake, too. Friend, Jim, called me about the sunset and I told him I nearly forgot the cake while I was out taking pictures. Well, he is no dummy...he is on the way over to try out the Pineapple Upside Down Cake cooked in the cast iron skillet and check out the pictures. Isn't God good!!!
~~~~~

The Mighty One, God, the LORD,
speaks and summons the earth
from the rising of the sun
to the place where it sets.
From Zion, perfect in beauty,
God shines forth.
Our God comes
and will not be silent;
a fire devours before him,
and around him a tempest rages.
Psalm 50:1-3

No comments: