Thursday, August 28, 2008

Morning Praises




We were on the road by seven, heading out of Stanley. The morning light was beautiful, and we had already seen a couple of deer. As we passed this huge grassy field, I thought I saw some movement. We turned around and spotted these two cranes. They were so big that I thought they might be emu or ostrich.

As we got closer I began to mimic their chatter. Let me tell you they were having some joyful conversation. I thought they might take flight and I would get a great wingspan picture, considering how big they were. Instead, they seemed to welcome my input into their conversation. I don't know what I was saying, but they seemed to be encouraged as we continued the responsive adoration to our Creator. I chattered with them for quite awhile, delighted that they included me in their morning praises. My husband looked at me after a few minutes of totally making a fool of myself, and asked me if I was done. I answered, "I guess not. They still have something to say!"
~~~~~~~

This particular morning in Idaho was a favorite because the birds drew me into their morning song. I heard them and wanted to sing along! They were some of the best Praise and Worship leaders I have ever witnessed!

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him."
Exodus 15:2

No comments: