Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gift From God







Proverbs 23:26
Let your eyes delight in my ways.
~~~~~~

I can tell you two of the things that stop me in my tracks and make me refocus on God are sunrises and sunsets. Each one is like a delightful manifestation of God that invites you to give Him your heart. Each day gives an invitation to turn and return to Him. These skies are bookends to the gifts the day holds. They are DELIGHT FULL.

The sky was changing last night as I was delivering baskets to my neighbors. I would have missed the glorious gift of this sky had I not been out giving gifts to others. A gift may not always come back from the same place that you gave it. Keep giving them, anyway. One of my favorite things is to give a gift to someone that doesn't expect it, sometimes to a complete stranger. Try it...you will be blessed maybe more that the one who received the gift from you.

When the whole sky changes every few seconds, it is no less than a Gift From God. Expectancy of the holidays gets its proper perspective. The best gift came down from heaven to live amongst us. Love came down at Christmas.

No comments: