Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Where You Lead






I was listening to Carole King sing 'Where You Lead' and went down memory lane to some paths that have invited me. Several have been country roads such as these. I am a sucker for a road with a grass ridge down the center. I am driven to find where it leads. Lots of wildlife and wildflower encounters have happened on paths such as these.

Something draws me to the path less worn; the road less traveled. I want to discover what is around the bend. I love to be there by myself or perhaps with one other special person. Once in Colorado I was with a friend down such a byway close to Granby. A path beckoned to me after we had just seen a moose in the trees to the right. I found a path through tall grass on the left that led down to the lake. I only got a few steps into the tall grassy walls when I got a warning by the hair standing up on the back of my neck that I needed to stop, turn around, and get out into open space again. Perhaps that path did not have 'life' for me, but something dangerous, if my senses were warning me correctly.

I have found that the urgency to see so much more of the beauty of this planet is increasing as I age. I am not ready for the rocking chair, unless it is to rock a sweet grand baby. I still want to take chances and experience fully that which God has put in me to do and see. Much joy comes from quiet times alone with God. If those times come on a country worn path of life to which He has led me, or the top of a mountain, Lead Me On! Strengthen me, as I am filled with joy in your presence.
~~~~~~~
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.
Psalm 16:11

No comments: