Monday, December 15, 2008

God Sees The Heart






It seems that God puts heart shapes in front of me no matter where I go. These happened to come in the forms of cactus, leaves, and deer prints. I think it's a message to remind me He sees the heart and is giving each beat of life to it, His home in me. It is pretty simple stuff, yet the very core of relationship with God. God wants to be ruler of your heart, not keeper of the rules. He sent his one and only Son as a babe to set us free.

I recently restudied a piece of work by Jeanne Guyon. In it she states:

For some reason men try to love God by forms and rules. Can you not see it is by these very forms and rules that you have lost so much of that love?...

The simplest can know Him, and in the deepest way, with no help from rituals or forms or theological instruction!
(Experiencing the Depths of Jesus Christ)
~~~~~~~~

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us...
1 Jn. 4:16-17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This series of photos completely captivated me! I could see them turned into prints and sold, for all to remember God's heart of love for us.