Sunday, December 14, 2008

In an Instant









This morning around 8:00 I felt the Holy Spirit nudge to go outside. Upon doing so, I raced back inside the house to get my camera. For the next 15 minutes I had the most incredible, fast-paced cloud show of my entire life. The clouds were moving so quickly that I was spinning to take it all in. The high winds resulted in curves and loops of clouds that had my mouth open in awe the duration of the shoot. I shot 50 pictures, and could have done many more, but for the speed of the formations. I took the liberty of changing some color to help you see what I saw. Perhaps you will see something different. Let me know!

Here is what I saw:

Shepherd's hook
Man's ribs
Stalactites
Bearded Santa with hood
Crashing wave
Day moon
Tie-dye

I will post another cloud show after this one to include more of the fascinating shapes the heavens revealed in the span of just a few minutes this morning. God's firmament in sunrises and sunsets can be so healing. Letting ourselves be taken up into that beauty can delight our hearts and bind our wounds. We can realize in those times that we are truly precious children of God.
~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, in an instant,
the Lord Almighty will come.
Isaiah 29:5b-6a

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog. I really enjoyed these photos. Best regards. Alexis Mei
www.alexismei.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great shots of the clouds ... it is amazing what the mind's eye can see in those fluffy puffs called clouds!

Still snowing away up here! I've got no reason to be out in any of it! Hope your Mom doesn't have to be out in it either in OK.

Hugs ... Marcia

Connie said...

Alexis,
Visited, but wasn't able to leave a comment. Just wanted to say that age brings gifts of confidence, wisdom, grandbabies, paid off mortgages, more freedom to travel.
Great cake and food pics, btw!

glad you stopped by...
c