Tuesday, April 21, 2009

As the Deer



We sang this song at church last Sunday, and it brought to mind these friends that often come to visit me when I am on Evergreen Mountain in Colorado. They are mother and daughter. We named them Little Flock and Amber Flock. 'Little' received her name because I was reading, "Do not fear, Little Flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom," from scripture when I looked up and saw her staring back at me through the front window.

I have had her on my mind. When I spoke to my Colorado friend this afternoon about my trip there in June she said Little has been coming by their cabin. I am so anxious to see these deer, and perhaps the bear; surely the foxes, elk, and perhaps a moose when we take our couple days away somewhere else in the state.
~~~~~~

Just ponder these beautiful words, and sing them if you know the tune.
Thank you Martin Nystrom for this beautiful work!
~~
As the deer panteth for the water,
So my soul longeth after Thee.
You alone are my heart's desire,
And I long to worship Thee

No comments: