Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Carrying Sheaves






I visited my friend and spent some time in her garden today. It was amazing to see the difference in the crops with the passing of just a week. The size of the broccoli and the apples had doubled. The anticipation of the harvest is an exciting experience. I am so glad I get to see the garden grow and know that God is growing and maturing me as well.

One of my favorite life verses that has been a repeated truth is coming around again. There have been seasons of circumstances that have been painful to weather; a human condition. Sometimes pain comes from the most unexpected places; but as well sometimes new growth starts and takes hold in unexpected places as well. I am seeing the sheaves spread before me, ready to be gathered as blessings. I feel the song of gratitude swelling from my core to thank God for his provision and direction.
~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 126:5-6
Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with him.

No comments: