Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our Earthly Tents





After a conversation with a dear friend this morning who is walking out a painful time with her dog, I went searching for a picture of myself with my wonderful doggy, Doo. I found one of us together on her last Christmas with us. I also found pictures of falling barns that reminded me of our temporary time on the earth.

The bad news is that our earthly tents, whether made of skin, wood, or fur, will fail us. The good news is that as we have partaken in the death on the cross, we also will partake in the resurrection.

~~~~~

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 Corinthians 5:1

2 comments:

karen said...

Thank you, Connie. I miss that sweet Doo, too. Thanks for your prayers this morning. It's been a good day.

Connie said...

I love you so much, and share your heartbreak.