Friday, April 3, 2009

Light in the Darkness






I have had my eye out for all the regular wildflowers, and have not found any pink primrose accessible for photography until today. I was at a garage sale, and across the street returning to my car I spied them in the corner of a lawn.

The primrose always strikes me as such a tender blossom. It seems very fragile as it is blown by the wind. It appears almost to be translucent in some light, yet shows the veins of life stretching through its petals. These spoke to me of the tender mercy of our God. In the midst of darkness and loss, even to the shadow of death, God will guide us into the light that leads to peace.

~~~

Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Luke 1:78, 79

dedicated to my friend, Karen

1 comment:

karen said...

Thank you, sistah.