Sunday, April 19, 2009

Call us to Rejoice!







This beautiful scissor-tailed flycatcher kept returning to its post, so I focused on the post. As I walked slowly and sang softly, my patience was rewarded as it came back to roost. It stayed long enough to enable me to get closer and catch its gorgeous underwing as it lifted to fly away.

The wildflower blooms, as they swayed in the wind, seemed to have their own chorus of adoration to the Father. Their showy waving welcomed me to join the intimate harmonies of life on the flowery meadow. I felt like twirling in the wind as well, with my face lifted to the Son. As I searched the verses again of "Joyful, Joyful," I found the flowery meadow and chanting bird references that were perfect to accompany the time of rejoicing on the painted hillside.

Call us to rejoice, indeed!

~~~~~~

Field and forest, vale and mountain,
Flowery meadow, flashing sea,
Chanting bird and flowing fountain,
Call us to rejoice in thee.

(more verse from Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee)

No comments: