Monday, July 13, 2009

Along Elephant Back








We had quite a menu of wildflowers along the Elephant Back trail. I was often trailing Eric by a long distance because I had stopped to shoot another blossom. I found a few that I had never seen before. It felt a little like being on another planet or in another time walking through a Jurassic Park setting of new discoveries.

I was especially pleased to find some wild columbine along the way. This particular one with a subtle touch of pink appeared to be likewise irresistible to the bee headed its way. I thought of my friend Karen who really loves columbine, and prayed for her as I enjoyed the flower.

We thought we saw an elk peeking around a tree trunk. I had never seen a blue one before. Quite a rack! Testing to see if you are reading the whole post. (c;

My wildflower knowledge increased greatly on this trip. I got two books in gift shops because the first was not including all the flowers I was seeing in the park. I still have not identified a few of the ones we saw. There are so many yellow ones that are sunflower types that are hard to nail down. I will have to study the leaf structures and petal shapes to correctly name them. It was exciting to learn and identify new (to me) wildflowers on this trip.

~~~

Hebrews 3:14
For if we are faithful to the end, trusting God just as firmly as when we first believed, we will share in all that belongs to Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blue elk with the nice rack was a fitting touch for my athletic friend! Love it! -Dee

Connie said...

That mischievous spirit overcame me (c;
We had SO MUCH FUN! If I couldn't see wildlife I would have to become one. The wild forests do strange things to me. I think it is called FREEDOM!