Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A New Wildflower




At first when I saw the rocky steep hillside along Dunraven Road I thought I was seeing bluebonnets. When we stopped to take a closer look I was quite captivated by the bottlebrush appearance of the spikes. The yellow anthers extend out like shooting rays of golden light. I bought another wildflower field guide because I could not identify it from the one I had taken with me. It is a silky phacelia.

I could have looked at their beautiful color for a long time, but alas there was much more to see. One of the grizzlies was waiting around the bend at the side of the road digging for roots. What beautiful flowers and creatures God has given to delight us!

~~~

Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold!

1 comment:

karen said...

Wow! That is beautiful.