Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Dandelions #2







I know each time I head for a getaway in Colorado I am going out in joy, and knowing that I will be led back in peace. I have great expectancy of the hills and mountains bursting forth into song. The quaking of aspen leaves, whether they be tender lime of spring or bright yellow and orange of fall, touches a deep resonance of harmony within me. I find in myself a wellspring of life that comes forth in giggles, smiles, and even an alternate personality named 'Cornelia' on this last trip.

The little bunch of dandelions was taken on the walk along the fence leading down to Buffalo Park Rd. The red clay road and the geese in the field were taken along the Fryingpan River drive east of Basalt. The fields of dandelions in front of mountains were taken around Almont, between Crested Butte and Gunnison.

I have come back with a new appreciation for the beauty of the dandelion. Add a mountain range, a red clay road, some beautiful geese, and a forefront of just dandelions becomes a feast for the eyes. Add painted white clouds on a brilliant blue sky and you have a masterpiece! I hold these vistas in my heart, visit them in my dreams, and thank God for the opportunity to be surrounded by such abundant beauty.

~~~

For you shall go out in joy,
and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you
shall burst into song.
Isaiah 55:12

No comments: