Saturday, June 26, 2010

Renewed Youth






I think most people that know me well would say I have an adventuresome spirit. My children even see that I am much braver now in trying new things that when I was younger. I have improved skiing, gotten over my fear of heights, gone on high passes without wanting to hurl, and gone in helicopter rides and hot air balloons. It feels in many ways like I have more 'joie de vivre' than when I was not so 'up in years'.

I seem to have kept my sense of humor (some would argue this), increased my spontaneity, and am enthusiastic about where I might travel next. I can't wait for the next trip with my husband and being at those trailheads before 7:00 in the morning to catch the cool morning and great sightings of wildlife. God never fails to surprise us with some stunning, unexpected possibility on each trip.

I so enjoyed my last trip with my friend in Colorado. Often my alter ego, Cornelia, answered in a shrill British accent when questioned about directions, "Well, I don't really know, now, do I?" Our tired bodies and spirits were lifted to a higher place as we giggled like young girls, gasping to catch a breath. We journeyed down the Colorado byways loaded with great joy and expectancy. That freedom to be totally who you are keeps you young!

Giggling, singing, praying, eating healthy, and exercising; all are important to keeping young. It also helps that I have a gorgeous, generous husband that loves me. We still very much enjoy a drive in the country, just talking or not. Being with each other is precious.

I find myself in awe of God's creation. I think that is a big factor in feeling like I have renewed youth. It is my passion to capture some of that beauty and pass it on to all of you. I find great awe in seeing the morning dew on grass, the tender new green color of the aspen leaves of spring, or the unbelievable beauty of enormous mountains covered with trees and snow. I tremble with thanksgiving as my youngest grand baby smiles broadly when I go to pick her up for the day. I thank God for the relationships He has given me, the most valued being the one I have now with him that extends into eternity.

~~~

Your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:5

1 comment:

karen said...

stunning pics, sistah! That grandbaby in chenile chair...wow