Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thoughts






In the midst of triple digit temps and continued expectation of those through the next week, I thought I would send out some of my pictures of Independence Pass. From the previous post just outside of Aspen we were soon on a road that was so narrow at times that cars had to allow one way traffic on parts of it. It was cold, exciting, and adrenaline producing! We actually saw a lone cross country skier at the top.

In contrast, very hot and humid days make me lethargic. The desire to go out and get in a hot car goes way down on the list of priorities. So, I will stay inside with some Fresca Peach soda and play under the ceiling fan with my grand daughter.

Sometimes we cannot physically escape our circumstances, but we can go to our thinking and change it. What we are thinking about can drastically change our relationships, our acceptance, our quality of life. We have some good instructions:

"Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable...think about these things."
Philippians 4:8

No comments: