Saturday, June 19, 2010

On Down the Road







As we traveled on down the road along the Fryingpan River we came across some wonderful pastures full of dandelions. A small pond caught our attention and we noticed an eagle on a post at the other side. As we turned our attention back to the car we noticed a lovely visitor at the fence giving us a grand smile. We were so glad that 'our' plans had been scrapped and in exchange our 'tour guide' took us on a route full of blessings.

It is indeed exciting to turn every corner knowing you are in tandem with God. That foundation of travel has blessings whether you are walking through the red valley covered with yellow blooms or the valley of the shadow of death. As Psalm 23 goes, "I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff; they comfort me.

God goes with us in every new place. There is no place He is not. It is good, wherever we travel, to yield to the guidance of the shepherd who knows what is around every corner.

~~~

But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord God my refuge.
Ps. 73:28

No comments: