Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Big Picture




You can imagine with a new baby in the family that everyone has an opinion as to who she favors. These two pictures have rendered lots of laughs and nods of heads. In the first photo she looks like her daddy. My mother thinks so! In the second picture she looks like my mother. The baby's father thinks so, too. Too funny that each of them thinks the child looks like the other. It is comical how we all kind of wish to ourselves that someone might think she looks like us. We take a bit of pride in it.

I was smiling to myself as I was hearing all this 'who she looks like' banter that God is smiling when He sees us grow in relationship with him; progressively looking more and more like Jesus. Don't you want people to see Jesus when they have dealings with you? I humbly desire that to be truth in me as I grow in Christ. He is the one I want to look like in thought, word, and deed. That is the big picture.

1 comment:

Bob said...

What a beautiful baby! God bless her. Bob