Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In the Waiting



Yesterday morning was an exercise that became exceedingly blessed as the hours passed. I began the journey by going out to photograph new blossoms of spring. Yes, trees are budding out in Texas and I will be seeing the first bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush any day!

Then my flower journey took a turn to photographing birds as I saw a dove in a tree and a flock of gulls flying overhead. I proceeded to the gull hangout in the Sam's parking lot and was richly rewarded with time spent there with two others enjoying the time apart from the busyness of the day.

While I was there I got a call from a wonderful friend inviting me to lunch. I proceeded to the Braum's at Western Center and I-35. She was not there yet, so I went inside to wait. The clerk at the front check out wanted to know what I had been photographing as she commented on the camera around my neck. I showed her my pictures of the gulls. Then a gentleman came over to check out and said he had just been with the gulls and a lady had been up there taking photos. I said, "That was me!" What were the chances of us both going there to eat? But God... I gave them each my card with my blog so they could see the gull pictures and the stories with them.

Since my friend had not come yet, I got the 'nudge' from the Holy Spirit to go across the street to the water while I was waiting. I could see the parking lot from there as I kept a watch. As I neared the water I could see some white motion above the water. There is often trash and those white plastic bags, so I knew it could be a white trash bag stuck on a limb that was catching my eye. But as I got closer I could see my reward in the waiting. This beautiful egret was not only by itself, but seemed to be holding school for two turtles intent on hearing what it was teaching.

I am amazed and excited on my little treasure hunts what God puts in my path. He invites me to turn directions and find something I had not even imagined I would see in the waiting. I love listening and following when I feel the nudge to take an alternative path to the one I planned. He shares a secret place and leads my longing heart to follow the call and see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living...

~~~~

Wait for the Lord; be strong,
and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!
Ps. 27:14

No comments: