Thursday, March 3, 2011

Underneath His Wing



I love scripture that says our God sings over us. I also love the thought that He advises that we take shelter underneath His wing.
When I saw these two gulls such a scripture came to mind. It seems like the gull underneath is looking not straight ahead, but getting off the track; perhaps a little rocky and insecure; losing focus. Hello, me. Yet the one above hovers and covers the one below.

It gives me comfort to know that the Holy Spirit guides me and dwells in me. It also is a wonderful comfort that I am underneath His wing. He abides and guides. I am not alone.

~~~~

Let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
so that those who love your name may exult in you.
Psalm 5:11

No comments: