Sunday, March 6, 2011

Generations





One generation shall laud your works to another,
and shall declare your mighty acts.
Ps. 145:4

~~

Our weekend family night sometimes ends up with me and the grand children making music with the piano, guitar, and several percussion instruments. The 18 month old grand daughter was getting a pretty good rhythm going with two fingers exactly an octave apart. The oldest grand daughter was helping the younger one stay seated safely on the piano bench, while striking a few keys in the lower range. The grandson was joyfully beating two of gram's drums. I smell a future praise band!


It is indeed a privilege to be able to pass on the love of music, especially while praising God's name, from one generation to another. I make up silly songs for them, and what they relish is the love that is represented by the time spent together having fun. There is such joy in the Lord, and singing love songs to my grandchildren and love songs to God is just about the best way I know to thank Him for my life progressing into such pleasant boundaries.

I painted a banner on my hallway wall above the rogue's gallery of our daughters and their families. It reminds me to be grateful, and to joyfully pass to the generations the love and grace so inherent in praising His name and being his disciple.

The boundaries have fallen for me in pleasant places;
I have a goodly heritage.
Ps. 16:6

No comments: