Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beside Still Waters






I was out going to garage sales this morning looking for banner fabric and picture frames. One of my stops was at the far end of a development that ended in an open area along a creek. I got out to look for dragonflies and see what I might see, although it looked at first glance as though there were not any wildflowers along the creek. As I walked the edge of the creek I began to look closer and found several wonderful small wildflowers. I had not seen them at first because I was looking at the big picture of the creek.

As I walked back from my discovery of several small beauties, I looked up to see the wonderful panorama in front of me. I had gotten preoccupied with the amazing tiny blossoms and had lost the big picture. Isn't it funny how we can get focused on the small things and lose sight of the big picture? Just as importantly, sometimes our focus on the big picture often tosses away the beauty of the little things on the way.

When I looked at the panorama of the creek, grasses, and Tx. field in front of me I was filled with peace. Peace beside still waters does not mean lifeless; on the contrary, it means full of the peace that passes all understanding. It flows from living water; full of life. Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you. Do not let your hearts be troubled." In the big pictures and the little ones He is my source of peace.

No comments: