Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Green Pastures





One of my favorite life verses is Psalm 23. I often find myself in green pastures or beside still waters in my search for wildflowers. I keep the scenes in my memory as a library of pages to visit in dreams, meditation, or stressful times. These photos were taken around Azle, Texas. The vistas brought the rest and peace of this Psalm to mind:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:1-3

~~~~~~~

I have found myself giggling and dipping into these places in my mind to remember the rest and peace that Jesus gives. Giggling? Yes, because I have been given many opportunities to practice patience and humility per my surrendering impatience and pride to the best of my ability as a sacrifice for Lent. I have been told never to pray for patience, because you will get opportunities to practice. True that!

But I found myself quietly chuckling when, more than a dozen times today, I had a chance to let someone go before me in traffic or store lines. It was nice to feel the relief of giving up the struggle, and having small victories of grace.

No comments: