Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When Pigs Fly




I saw a cloud yesterday before the storm hit. It caught my attention right away because it looked to me like a pig flying. I drew my vision of how it could be a pig and included it with the photo. Now, the rest of the story as to why I posted the picture.
~~~~~~~~

We had a wonderful time at Pastor's Bible Study on Monday night using our imaginations in dramatically speaking some lines of Jesus and Thomas in response to situations presented to them. One of the readings was about the healing of a boy with an evil spirit. The father of the afflicted boy asked 'IF' Jesus could do anything to help. Jesus replied, "If I can?" Hmmm, how do you think he might have said that? In contemporary terms might he have responded, 'Seriously?' He continued on to say "Everything is possible for him who believes," and healed the boy.

The other one poignant to me was Jesus appearing to Thomas, who had not been with the other disciples when Jesus came back after the crucifixion. The disciples had relayed to Thomas that they had seen the Lord. Thomas replied in a sort of "When Pigs Fly" fashion: "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." Yes, doubting Thomas.

A week later Jesus came and stood among them. He said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
John 20:24-28

In what tone of voice do you think Thomas said that last remark?

~~~~~~~~

Jesus did many other miraculous signs (When Pigs Fly sorts of unbelievable things, my insert) in the presence of his disciples
(Jn 20:30,) but these (examples) are written down that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
Jn. 20:31

No comments: