Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Architect



I took this picture of a castle in France several years ago. The swans were quite cooperative to sweep into lovely poses in the foreground. I remember the day being a bit chilly and overcast. It was quite a trek in the cold to get from the village out to the castle. We had to walk around a huge racetrack before reaching the stables and the castle. The architecture was stunning, none-the-less, and worth the walk and the story behind the structures.

The interesting thing about the resident royal was that he had a quite elaborate stable just as magnificent as the castle. He was convinced he was going to come back in the next life as a horse. I don't know quite how he figured he would have control over his royal horseness incarnation winding up being able to live in the horse castle the next go-around. Personally, I'd say the chances were pretty slim. haha!

The truth is that many of the highways, buildings, or bridges we build will outlast the number of our human years. Eventually they will crumble and decay as well. Even the stars and mountains may fall away, but their Maker and His heaven are forever. I don't want to be a horse in my 'next life' even if my stable looks like a castle! He has gone to prepare a room just for me in His Kingdom: my eternal home in my new body praising God without end. I will be forever in the presence of the Architect of Eternity.

~~~~~~

The Lord is the God who lives forever,
who created all the world.
Isaiah 40:28b

Who has controlled history since the beginning?
I, the Lord, am the one.
I was here at the beginning,
and I will be here when all things are finished.
Isaiah 41:4

No comments: