Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two more




While looking for my 'two' pictures I came upon this pair I photographed at the Ft. Worth Zoo the day I went with a friend to see the lion cubs. Bright blue being one of my favorite colors, these two caught my eye and seemed to pose just for me. I believe I get favor in what is put in front of me to capture because I ask for it, and want to send it out to glorify God. He shows many hidden things to those who are like little children. Believe me when I say the excitement of asking God to show me his riches and waiting with my camera is one of the most revealing and rewarding ways I get to play with the Holy Spirit. I feel like a giddy little child full of anticipation. I never know what God will show me! Although sometimes he gives me exactly what I asked for (like the moose or fox), most of the time he gives me immeasurably more than what I could imagine.

I am sure these lovelies go for more than a penny, but the sentiment is the same:

Two sparrows cost only a penny; but not even one of them can die without your Father's knowing it. God even knows how many hairs are on your head. So don't be afraid. You are worth much more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to start asking God for the same. Just to delight in Him fully when I am out and about with my camera.

All of your "two"s are so beautiful!

Connie said...

Coli,
I am so enjoying your comments and a chance to get to share our passion of photography. I have come to delight in asking because Papa loves relationship. He made us for that! As the supreme Father, he gives good things to His children that He knows are for His glory...so we don't always get what we ask for. But He loves to be asked and to have us express our delight and gratitude! Dancing, giggling, and tears of joy are optional, but I often include them in my response! haha