Sunday, January 4, 2009

Confident Assurance





I must have seen a hundred hawks along the highway to and from Nebraska. As well, I probably saw a dozen flocks of migrating geese. When two cars are traveling together there is not the grace for stopping to get a photo of a bird. So....I gave many thanks for the fact that I had a digital camera that could delete the 50 blurry shots I took on the fly, so to speak. But I kept taking those shots as we sped down the highway, having the confident assurance that I would finally get a clear shot of a hawk and a flock! That confident assurance is living by faith. It is the best possible attitude to have. It is believing.

~~~~

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see.
Hebrews 11:1

No comments: