Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How Majestic







I took these photos from the plane on the way home from Canada. We were landing rather late, so got to see the wonderful transition of sunset and the light catching whole bodies of water. The texture of the water could still be seen as the golden light reflected on these glassy natural mirrors. Whole lakes and rivers became like molten gold as the wave of brilliant yellow/orange washed over the surfaces. The big lake reminded me of a Chinese dragon. I thought, looking at these huge expanses of Earth, how creative and majestic is our God! I prayed for myself that I would, as well, reflect His Light.

~~~

You have set your glory above the heavens...

When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man
that you are mindful of him?

O Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name
in all the earth!
(verses from Psalm 8)

2 comments:

Mona said...

Awesome, Connie! I can't believe they're window pictures. You know how murky those double-paned jet windows are, but the cloudiness is barely discernible. I do love your dragon!!

Connie said...

I was surprised, too, that the jet window muck didn't show. The focus feature must have looked past it. It's like God sees us white as snow with the heart given to him and the intercession of Jesus who died for our sins.