Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Still Waters






When I first started taking photography more seriously I sometimes did not even realize that I had captured a reflection in a scene. I now keep an eye out for water, windows, mirrors; anything that might yield a mirror image. Another lesson was that sometimes I had the wrong lens on the camera to get a faraway scene closer or get a sky and a lake included in the scene. I had the wide angle lens on for the last two photos and the telephoto on for the first two. For the sunset captured in the lake behind our cabin it makes you realize that there must have been a sunset above the trees. Interesting things to think about when you look at a photo.

The first photo was one of my favorites from the trip. A fallen tree made a reflection that almost looked like a spider web. It was quite intricate, and beautiful reflected on the still water. God leads me into paths on our travels that we could not have imagined. They do, indeed, restore our souls.

~~

He leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
Psalm 23:2-3

No comments: