Thursday, July 28, 2011

Names Found









































As we made our way out to the country of Ontario we stopped at a small public entrance to the water in Burlington. I will post more pictures of this lovely spot on the next blog entry. I found this lovely yellow flower and was able to identify it today as swamp candles.


I have seen lots of milkweed in Texas, but it is yellow or white. I found this pink version up in Ontario. I also found, in a wildflower book I bought today, a picture of the light blue flower and identified it as chickory. I came across this beautiful Pink Lady's Slipper along a lake trail up in Algonquin Provincial Park. I had always wanted to see it in the wild, and finally got my wish!

~~

I am thrilled when I get to see a new wildflower, and even more excited when I am able to identify it later. All this pressing in to find names got me to think about this Revelation scripture:

I saw heaven standing open
and there before me was a white horse,
whose rider is called Faithful and True...
He has a name written on him
that no one knows but he himself.
Rev. 19:11-12

No comments: