Wednesday, February 9, 2011

As for man...





I went down to the creek at noon after the wind and sun had gotten the ice to melt. There wasn't much snow left, but there were still some wonderful ice sculptures and birds. I also came across a handsome cat that reminded me of my good friend, Y.Boo Raley, who lives up on a mountain in Colorado.

I am so drawn to the grasses and water because they always bring to mind some of my favorite life verse scriptures. The two that came to mind today...

Psalm 103:15-17
As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
But from everlasting to everlasting
the Lord's love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children's children~~~

Isaiah 55:10-11
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower
and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth;
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments: